Welcome to our website !

Forbidden Fruit

By December 31, 2012 , , , , , , ,

It seems like all I've been doing for the past two weeks is consuming and imbibing calorie-laden foods and drinks without a care in the world. I figured that if the world ends on December 21 as predicted by the Mayans, I will have at least died happy and well-fed. But alas, the world did not end and like it or not, I will soon have to deal with the consequences of my over-eating. But until Jan 1 rolls around and I have to start training for the Empire State Building Run-Up (more on that soon!), I will continue to indulge myself.

At a recent visit to the East Village with some friends for some kati rolls (more on that soon too!), I chanced upon a cute little store called the "Forbidden Fruit". The concept is simple - fruits dipped in chocolate. Choose the type of fruits and serving style (single fruit, fruit cup, fruits on a boat, fruits on a stick) and then pick your poison. That is to say, would you like your fruits dipped in white, milk, or dark chocolate? Would you prefer an extra layer of chocolate? And how about some walnuts, coconut shavings, or sprinkles as a topping? I went with the berry fruit cup with milk chocolate and walnut toppings. It was delish! And the icing on the cake (no pun intended)? I had less of the guilt that comes with usual desserts because I got my serving of fruits for the day. Mama would be proud. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!