Welcome to our website !

The Big Easy

By October 14, 2013 , , , , , , , , , , ,


I was in New Orleans earlier this week to attend a conference for work. While the days were packed with lectures, my co-worker and I made sure to make the best of the city in the evenings. It was my first time in New Orleans and I was struck by the amount of culture this city has. There were cute restaurants around every corner and smooth jazz commanding the attention of every establishment. I particularly enjoyed Arnaud’s Restaurant on Bourbon Street, which had a live jazz band playing, reminiscent of the 20’s Flapper era. Like any tourist, I hit up Bourbon street, but the true gems were in Frenchmen Street, an area frequented by locals. I happened across the cutest street market there, where emerging artists were displaying their products, which ranged from beautiful paintings to funky furniture.


Finally, any trip to the Big Easy is incomplete without the mention of the food. The Cajun and Creole food were delicious and as a big foodie, I could not help but stuff my face on these cuisines that are hard to come by in the Northeast.  Check out all the dishes I ate below! Yes…I realize it’s time to hit the gym now that I’m back!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!