Welcome to our website !

In My City: New York City

By April 06, 2014 , , , , , , , , ,

In My City is a series of posts about shopping and fashion in different cities. I have asked blogger friends from around the world to share their favorite local shopping spot(s) in their city along with a picture showcasing their street style.

Today we are featuring a fellow NYC blogger - Maree from A Little Bit Etc. Maree is among the first blogger friends I made. No doubt, she has a classic and chic sense of style and is a makeup guru. I also love her sense of humor - she has a knack for turning even the most mundane topics into something fun(ny) to read. Be sure to check out her blog for all things makeup and fashion and for a good dose of sass!
----------------------------
Living in one of the fashion capitals of the world, you would think I am a shopping machine. Every major department store at my disposal, flagship stores of every major designer just a cab ride away, but surprisingly I have to admit that I do most (if not all) of my shopping online! *cue shock and awe* Maybe it is my suburban roots and all my time spent in the mall, but I love when I can get all my shopping done under one roof – efficiency is key for me! And with so many great sites out there that offer free shipping and free returns with loads of amazing designers, I simply can’t resist. Now that being said, you can definitely still find me wandering the streets of soho or traipsing down 5th Avenue popping into some of my favorite free standing stores on the regular, but for nabbing the best deals – I always find them online.

Take this outfit, for example, that I am wearing in the below pic – the faux fur Three Floor parka, Rag & Bone Newbury boots, and Equipment sweater were all nabbed during a markdown on Shopbop.com. I never seem to have that same luck when in store. The trick is I pin all the items I want to buy to a Pinterest board, and then check back regularly to see when they have been reduced. And then I pounce! Free shipping and free returns make it super easy and when in doubt, order the two sizes you are debating between and send back the one that doesn’t fit. I know for many of you that are die-hard in store shoppers, this may never be an option. But once you get the hang of it, it’s hard to ever go back. My favorite sites I visit regularly are Shopbop, Revolve Clothing, Nordstrom and Piperlime. And yes, that free shipping/free returns theme is always present – it makes all the difference!

Now for those purchases I can simply cannot make online - I love to frequent Bergdorf Goodman for a splurge, Club Monaco for the most perfect chic wardrobe essentials, J.Crew for their prints, and the GAP for the best jeans and button downs.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!