Welcome to our website !

Learning to Say No

By October 30, 2017 , , ,


Over the years, I’ve realized that I have a problem – I find it hard to say no. Case in point: Just the other day, I had gone for a facial. Once it was over, the salesperson pushed hard to sell me their products. I knew fully well that I didn’t need them. Despite that, I found myself walking away with facial products worth a couple hundred dollars! (I’m such a sucker!)

“No” is a powerful and assertive word. It may not win you friends but it probably wins you respect if used rightly. So what stops me from uttering that word in times when I really should? The excuses are many but the underlying reasons are that I feel guilty about hurting someone’s feelings, dislike creating conflict, or fear being perceived as a jerk. I’ve certainly gotten better over the years. With increasing time and maturity, I’ve become a lot more confident and care a lot less about what others think compared to my younger, more impressionable self. Despite that, there is still room for improvement. I thought this link was very helpful and interesting to read: 49 Ways to Say No To Anyone.

Do you find it hard to say “No”? What tactics do you use to assert yourself?

Global Desi crop top | Lalu skirt | Charles & Keith shoes | Chanel bag



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Gosh u look so gorgeous. N even I find it hard to say no. 😞

    Aditi
    www.sosaree.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I'm trying to get better at it too!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!