Welcome to our website !

April 2018 Look Book

By May 06, 2018 , , , , , , , , ,

Another month, another lookbook! Let’s get to it…

A summer dress that can double as a beach cover-up…or a beach cover-up that can double as a summer dress? Either way, it works! I got this cute, tasseled dress from Edit Lifestyle, a store in Singapore which has an amazing collection of summery, beach outfits and resortwear. The straw bag is from the store too. The items in Edit Lifestyle are on the pricier side but if you really like something, it may be worth a splurge. Or better yet, wait for their sales or check out their in-store sales rack!

Edit Lifestyle Dress & Straw bag 
Yet another SheIn dress that's a winner in my book. This bright mustard yellow dress (only $17!) is great for dressing up with heels or down with flat sandals. I paired it with this embroidered clutch purchased from Ammos Accessories, an Australian-based online store which has a great collection of boho chic accessories.

SheIn Ruffled Hem Dress | Clutch from Ammos Accessories (this one is no longer available online but similar here) | Zara necklace (an old purchase) | Charles & Keith heels
I talked about this Kate Spade dress when I shared this photo on Instagram. I loved the dress when I saw it on a trip to Hong Kong but it was too expensive to buy. So instead, I waited out for a sale and bought it on eBay for a much lower price. I guess the dress has a gypsy, boho vibe to it. But the flowy, feminine look of the dress makes me feel great!

Kate Spade Marigold dress | Purse from Mumbai street shopping | Charles & Keith heels
Bimba Y Lola is a store I equate with bright colors and a mod, funky design aesthetic. Found on sale, I really liked this blouse for its colors and keyhole slit in the front. You can wear almost any color bottom with it because the top itself has many colors to play against. I usually like wearing it to work with black pants or with casual denims for a weekend outing.

Bimba Y Lola blouse (no longer available) | Zara denim jeans | YSL purse | Charles & Keith shoes
Make your closet work for you with styling the same piece in different ways. The top I’m wearing here is actually a dress (an old summer dress that I purchased online from Lulu's. Side note/FYI: this store has cute stuff and they do free international shipping for orders over $150 USD, otherwise $15 for economy shipping). I just wore a black midi skirt with it and threw on some pink heels to complete this look, which I work to work the day this picture was taken. The key to wearing dresses as tops is that the dress itself should not be too thick so as to avoid adding bulk to your look.
BB Dakota Pauline Black Shift Dress from Lulu's | Mango black midi skirt | 
Charles & Keith shoes | Michael Kors purse
FashMob is a nice online site for shopping for affordable, on-trend apparel. I was drawn to this magenta dress right away. The sash detail is really unique (you can tie it in the front as a bow or in the back – your choice) and the cut is very flattering. It makes for a great cocktail dress or for any dressy event. The tassle earrings and ikat cluth (made with Uzbekistan silk material) is from Just Gaya’s, another online store based in Singapore with an amazing collection of accessories. 

FashMob Akira Sash Dress | Just Gaya's clutch and tier tassel earrings |
Charles & Keith cuff and heels

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!