Welcome to our website !

Fusspot and Foodie

By August 16, 2018 , , , , ,

Munching away on the sweet potato pancakes from Fusspot & Foodie
With the end of August fast approaching, it’s “back to school” season! I can’t believe that my older son is almost 5 and will be starting kindergarten! The start of the new school year is upon us, and I’m already in “mom preparation mode” for Krishnav’s daily school lunch box. As a working mom, I don’t have the time to necessarily cook everything, nor would I like to send him with too many processed, packaged foods. Like any mom, I fret about what my son will eat and whether he will eat enough in school. What food items are easy to prepare and uncomplicated to eat? Which snacks are healthy but still delicious for him? 

Fusspot & Foodie has been the convenient solution I was looking for. Probably the only meal kit and catering setup in Singapore designed specifically for kids, Fusspot & Foodie provides healthy, wholesome, kid-friendly meals and snack options. The food items are planned and cooked using fresh ingredients. As a parent, all I need to think about is going on the Fusspot & Foodie website and picking out what I’d like to order as and when I need it (food arrives 1 week from the time order is placed). I first learned about Fusspost & Foodie through their Instagram and fell in love with their fun food creations and recipe ideas. Since then, I have met and spoken to Founder and Head Chef Tanya Soman who is extremely passionate about her business and the idea of building a healthy and positive approach to eating in children. I’ve had the chance to order a few meal kits for Krishnav to try and he’s given it a thumbs-up (no mean feat for a “fusspot”!). As it turns out, even my 13-month old has enjoyed munching on the foods we’ve ordered.
The blackbean brownies are a favorite in our household!
So what have we tried and liked? We’ve ordered the blackbean brownie and sweet potato pancakes (both of which are a particular favorite among my boys!), fish patties, homemade hummus, pasta sauce, and falafel. I can’t wait to try their Superfood Chocolate Sauce next. Made with organic cacao (hello antioxidants!), organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil (healthy fats and naturally antibacterial) and organic Australian honey,it sounds divine! I know Krishnav would love it with his pancakes, added to his milk for flavoring, or drizzled over fruit kebobs!

I’m sure us moms can all find ways to make our lives a little more manageable. Having a few healthy options for snacks or meals ready in the fridge has been a lifesaver for us. Definitely recommend trying it out.

Fusspot & Foodie also provides catering for kids birthday parties. Says Tanya Soman, “Deep fried snacks, high sugar treats and empty calorie sweet beverages are the standard items at children's parties today. Fusspot & Foodie wants to change the way kids eat at parties. Our menu's are proof that 'party food' doesn't have to be 'junk food'. It can be made with fresh veggies, fruit & whole-grains while being creative and fun so kids truly enjoy it!”

You can use the discount code URBANMANTRA10 to get 10% off one item on www.FusspotandFoodie.com. Happy, healthy eating!



The two pictures above were provided courtesy of Fusspot & Foodie.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Profitez du délicieux petit-déjeuner menu McDo. Ici, vous obtiendrez des informations complètes sur le petit-déjeuner McDonald’s avec les prix. Choisissez entre des options saines comme le McMuffin au bacon et au bÅ“uf, le McMuffin aux Å“ufs et au fromage et le McMuffin aux Å“ufs et au bacon du menu Duo savoureux. Si vous aimez le sucré, le Sweet Muffin est une délicieuse option.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!