Welcome to our website !

August 2018 Look Book

By September 07, 2018 , ,

Hello everyone! It's September already and if I was still living in New York, I would have been looking forward to cooler temperatures and pumpkin spice lattes (yum!). Instead however, we continue to face thunderstorms and humid weather which can only be described as unforgiving and brutal to my hair’s temperament. But I digress…frizzy hair or not, one can still find ways to look stylish and presentable, right?

So here are my 6 looks from August, some of which you have already seen in my previous post about Four Looks with an LBD”.

First up is this pink gingham top with flared sleeves. I got this last summer from a Singapore online store called Closet Lover. Cute stuff at really reasonable prices! I like the gingham design and when it’s in pink, it adds a certain sweetness to the look. So many ways to wear it but here, I opted to pair it with a black midi-length skirt from Mango. I wore this look to work.

Gingham top by Closet Lover | Skirt by Mango |
Shoes by Charles & Keith | Clutch by Just Gaya's
The next look is my recent purchase of this bright, eye-catching dress from Mango. When I posted this on Instagram, many responded saying that they wouldn’t have thought to wear a dress with such a busy design and bright colors. I suppose it takes going outside your comfort zone to wear something like this. But for someone like me who loves color and prints, I liked this outfit right away! But honestly, it just goes to show that sometimes we are overly conscious of what others will think if we wear something – Don’t be! Wear what makes you happy.

Dress by Mango | Clutch by Bling Box Singapore | Shoes by Charles & Keith
The last 4 looks are the different ways that I styled a black sheath dress, using different accessories such as a belt, scarf, or blazer. You can read more styling details and tips about these looks here.


So which look did you like best? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!