Welcome to our website !

February 2019 Look Book

By March 04, 2019 ,

Hi everyone! I'm back to share my February look book with all the details on what I wore and some styling tips for you mommies. I'll be sharing 5 different looks I posted on my Instagram during this short month. You might notice that I veered towards lots of reds, pinks, and florals. We all know February to be the so-called month of "love". Not sure if that had anything to do with it or if it was purely coincidental. But there's no denying it - I love color and sweet, feminine styles.

Outfit 1: Look of Love
For this Valentine's Day post, I had worn this red top from a store in Singapore called Sans & Sans. I paired the top with an old floral skirt I bought from Bangkok a few years back.  The skirt was something I had spotted while passing by a small, unbranded boutique. The price was super cheap and I have since worn the skirt so many times. Who says everything in your closet has to be branded? As long as it looks good, you can create different looks with it.

Sans & Sans Top | Skirt from Bangkok | Coach clutch | Belt from KonaCoco

Outfit 2: JodiLife Look
I'm a huge fan of everything Jodi Life. Everytime I visit their website, I literally want to buy everything. The way they create pieces with different pattern mixing and modern silhoutetes with Indian aesthetics is really what sets it apart in my opinion. I got this Cherry Bomb jacket late last year and it's so bright and cheery. I kept my look here simple because I wanted the bomber jacket to do the talking - white top, white denims, white sneakers. Just added those pink tassel earrings for a complementary look. I can't wait to style this jacket with other prints and colors!

Cherry Bomb Jacket from Jodi Life | Coach purse | Espirit jeans 


Outfit 3: Powerhouse Corporate Look
Sezanne is a French clothing brand with price points which are on the higher side. But there is something so distinctly "Parisienne chic" about their clothing that I fell for it. I ordered this skirt online and although it's a bit pricey, I know I'll be wearing it a lot. This style of skirt can be worn in various ways, if you like polka dots. Also, the pleated look and the side slit adds more interest to the skirt!  In this look, I created something that looks more like office wear. Soon, I'll be sharing how to style this skirt differently in a more casual manner. In this case, I paired the skirt with a white top but to avoid looking too dull, I chose this Club Monaco fringe top and added the belt.

Sezanne skirt (no longer available but similar one here) | Club Monaco fringe top (no longer available but I liked this boho style here) | Belt (old) | Zara shoes (old) | Staud Shirley bag


Outfit 4: Floral Glam
I always feel that if in doubt on what to wear, choose a dress. A dress is so feminine, so simple to wear, simplifies the process of figuring out what to pair with what (versus a top and bottoms kind of look), and makes a statement. For a date night with my husband, I chose to go extra with this strapless number. I got this dress on sale from a store called Tiffany's in Singapore last year (the label on the back is The White Closet). Threw on a hat and a bucket bag and ta-da!

Dress from Tiffany's | Bucket bag from Mango (read about it here) | Hat from Haji Lane, Singapore

Outfit 5: Hello Sunshine!
If you followed my Instastories about this post, you would have seen that I shared my love of gingham print. I have several colors in this same print, and recently I added yellow to my collection. Haha! I ordered this top with a paired bottom from ShopBop (one of my favorite online shopping sites for the wide selection and good deals they have. FYI, they do free shipping to Singapore for orders over $100 and $10 shipping otherwise). However, the combination of this tie-up top and bottom was a bit skimpy for my taste so I decided to wear this white denims instead. I love the yellow & white color combination because it's so summery and fresh. Doesn't this photo make you feel that way? :)

Kos Resorts Tie Top | H&M jeans | Just Gaya's Tassle Earrings |
Urban Revivo shoes | Nine West clutch (old)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!