Welcome to our website !

5 Diferent Ways To Wear A Scarf: Part II

By February 10, 2013 , , , , ,

I cannot believe that five weeks have passed since I started my shopping ban. That’s a long time to go without buying anything for yourself except basic necessities, like food and household essentials! (Somewhere a kid in Africa is listening to my first world problems with horror). Surprisingly, it hasn’t been as difficult as I expected! A huge reason for that is because I’ve been so preoccupied with stuff going on in my life. With my busy work schedule, training for the race, starting bharatnatyam dance classes, etc, I’ve barely had time to think about the fact that I can’t shop. And what helps is that I have avoided stepping inside stores and, on the rare occasions that I have, nothing has really tempted me. Stores are displaying clothes for the upcoming spring season but it certainly doesn’t feel like spring to me yet. For God’s sake, we just had a blizzard last night and I’m stuck indoors today! So thankfully, this shopping ban has been relatively easy to manage…and now I just have 3 more weeks to go!


A week or so ago, I had written about how we can maximize our closet by wearing certain items in more ways than one. This way, we can put together fun and creative looks with the same article of clothing without actually buying anything new. To continue on a previous post, on how to wear a scarf in five different ways (see Part I here), here are the three other ways to this versatile piece of cloth:

3. Wear it as a top: In this picture here, I used my H&M chain print scarf as a top. You wouldn’t believe it but there several ways you can wear a scarf as a top. In this instance, I used the simplest technique - I tied 2 ends of the scarf around my neck and the other 2 ends behind my back. I completed the look with a blazer on top (we are in the midst of winter after all!). In the summer time, you can wear it as a halter top, which I’ve done with this same scarf before (check out Sew Petite Gal’s helpful tutorial for more great ideas!). Of course, the size of the scarf makes a big difference in whether you can wear it as a top or not. In this case, my scarf has square proportions, making it easier to wear as a top than something with more rectangular dimensions.

  4. Wear it as a belt or sash: The same H&M scarf came in handy for adding a bit of flair to my high-waisted pants. I wore it here as a belt/sash to add a pop of color to my outfit. Easy peasy, right?
 
5. Wear it as a hair accessory: You can wear a scarf as a hair accessory in so many different ways – as a bandana, a headband, or as a ribbon around your ponytail. Just have fun with it. Read more about how to accessorize your hair in our previous post.

Well folks, that’s our shopping ban update for the week. Until next time!

Linking up with Molly for YOLOMondays. Check out her awesome blog!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Love the boots! Where did you buy these from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How resourceful! Love it..Love the new header photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rats! Of course, the header is all thanks to you! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of wearing it as a top. It looks great on you both way!!!

    I also agree with you about not having time for shopping, if you are busy with 'life' shopping doesn't even come up on the agenda.

    ∞ © tanvii.com ∞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas!!! Love both the outfits and now I am drooling over your MK bags :D

    http://www.indianbeautie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it..i cudnt believe ur top was a scarf. good going.

    Luv,
    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and blog! I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post!

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I can't believe that you were able to convert your scarf into a top and still come out looking so classy!

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both the outfits. And thanks for the ideas on using the scarf :)
    I am also on a shopping ban for a month to start with, so I understand how you feel :)

    I am following you. Please do visit and follow at:
    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosh! Thanks for your comments and for following! Good luck on your shopping ban! Going to check out your blog now! :)

      Delete
  9. wow the styles are interesting, but they are not 5? i was expecting some more ideas.http://www.turtok.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! how did i miss this post by you. u r a fashionista!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Wagamama Menu a renowned global restaurant chain, offers a vibrant and diverse menu that celebrates the rich flavors of Asian cuisine with a contemporary twist.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!