Welcome to our website !

November 2018 Look Book

By December 02, 2018 , , , , , ,

November was an eventful month for me, including visits from friends and an amazing travel adventure in Myanmar (more to come on that soon!).  Here's to sharing some of the looks I sported during this month.

“Gingham style”
 Gingham doesn’t have to be seen only on men shirts. I’m actually quite fond of that pattern and own the gingham print in various different colors. This gingham skirt itself is from your trusty, fast-fashion store H&M while the top is from Mango. The belt is from Charles & Keith, which I find to have a great collection of belts, not just shoes! When I paired the top and skirt together, something was missing. The addition of the belt was a last minute thing which seems to pull the outfit together and adds an extra dose of color. You could just as well go without the belt. What do you think – would you wear it with or without the belt?

Mango top | H&M skirt | Charles & Keith belt | Zara shoes | Gucci cross body bag

Linen appeal
This linen dress has an Indowestern quality to it with its color and floral “ambi” design. It’s from Linen n’ More, a store in Singapore which I’ve talked about before. I love the color of this dress and because it’s linen, it’s super comfortable for wearing in the warm weather here. I dressed up the dress with heels and this funky ethnic clutch (gift from a friend).

Dress from Linen n' More | Charles & Keith nude heels | Ethnic clutch from India |
Earrings from Lovisa

All a-blaze!
When I had posted this picture on Instagram, I had also shared a mini-tutorial about how to style blazers on my Instastories (which you can catch on my Highlights reel now). I liked the combination of white, gray and orange. The orange color of this blazer makes the white and grey tones on this outfit pop. This is an old blazer I had bought a few years ago in New York and it’s still such a closet staple for me!

H& M blazer (old) | Plain white blouse from Forever 21 (old) | Waist tie plaid pants from SheIn | Furla mini-bag | Charles & Keith nude heels

Feroza Designs
I fell in love with this Feroza Designs soft cotton dress the moment I wore it. You can literally live in this all day long – which is precisely what I did when I wore this on my trip to Myanmar recently. It was a hot day of sight-seeing and visiting temples but the dress kept me cool and put-together. I chose to add a white belt to this cap-sleeve dress in blue print. 

A bit about this brand - Feroza Designs is a Singapore brand started by Kavita Dasgupta with a collection of adult and kids bedding products such as throws, fitted sheets, dohars, etc. The material is 100% cotton and is made by artisans in India skilled in block printing. I've seen the designs myself and they're lovely! Recently, the brand has launched a collection of dresses and I was lucky to get a chance to collaborate with them and try these dresses. I love their simplistic elegance and they are so perfectly wearable for Singapore weather! Keep a lookout for their collection launching soon. 

Feroza Designs cap sleeve blue dress | Lifestyle Edit straw bag | Belt from Charles & Keith

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!