Welcome to our website !

January 2019 Look Book

By January 31, 2019 , ,


Hi everyone! We're already one month into the new year. Indeed, January just flew by! This January look book is a mixed bag of casual weekend and dressy outfits. Here's a look at the 4 styles I sported:

You could say that animal print never went out of style. But somehow, it's all over the racks this season. I was too attracted to this animal print sweatshirt not to get it when I saw it SheIn.com. It served me well during my trip to Mumbai last December when the weather was cooler. And I'm happy to say that I've had occasions to wear it in Singapore during the cooler, breezy month of January as well. Here I paired with denim shorts which I got from Cotton On. By the way, Cotton On is a great store for cheap closet essentials and casual wear. (Side note: I also like their swimwear and activewear, which is more affordable than other stores).

SheIn Leopard Panel Drop Shoulder Sweatshirt | CottonOn shorts | RUBI tennis shoes


You guys know I love bright colored outfits, right? Then you can imagine that this dress was something I totally fell for during my Mumbai shopping. The dress is from Westside and comes with a matching belt. I quite liked Westside for its offering of different size ranges and also ethnic and Indowestern wear.

Westside (brand is Bombay Paisely) | Charles & Keith shoes | Espirit bag |
Tassle earrings from street shopping in Singapore 


When I visited Mumbai, I was amazed by the varieties of pants you can buy. Harem pants, dhoti pants, skinny pants, baggy pants, wide legged pants, churidars, etc...So many options! I got these flowy black pants from a store called Rangriti which was having a sale. These light, breathable culottes cost me INR 450 (essentially SGD $8.5!). I paired it here with a cropped animal-print top purchased from Cotton On. Also, did you guys notice my handbag? I had ordered the Staud clear bag online from Shopbop. I love the unique look of this handbag and also amazed at how roomy it is inside (it can hold a whole lotta stuff so yay for practicality!).

CottonOn Carla Button Front Tank | Rangriti pants | Staud Shirley bag
| Gladiator sandals from Mumbai street shopping
 

Lastly, this outfit is my attempt to style a (faux) leather skirt. I had previously worn it several months ago and had forgotten I had it. When I rediscovered it, I decided to revive it out of my closet. I paired the black pleated leather skirt with a bright, mustard-colored blouse. Shoes and a belt of similar brown/mustard color group helped to pull the look together. As for the camera bag, I fell for it the instant I set my eyes on it. It's $30 from street shopping in a boutique in Haji Lane in Singapore. Isn't it fun?

Faux leather skirt from Lalu | Mango blouse | Charles & Keith shoes |
Camera bag from Haji Lane street shopping


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!