Welcome to our website !

December 2018 Look Book

By January 06, 2019 , , , , ,

Hi everyone! This is my first post for 2019 but it's more of a retrospective one. I'm so excited and amazed that I managed to complete a whole year of monthly look books - all 12 months! When I first started off, I hadn't thought about how long I'd last. But in totality, I presented 59 different outfit posts over the course of 2018 via the monthly look book series. Here's a look back at the 3 different outfits I sported during the festive month of December. Do let me know if you enjoyed the monthly look book series and whether you want to keep seeing them in 2019.

Let's start with this Zara dress. It's actually a dress I bought when I was 3 months pregnant with Arjun in 2017 so it's a dress I've had for some time. I purchased this dress one size bigger than my usual one with the intent to keep room for my tummy to grow over the course of the pregnancy. Sure enough, I managed to wear this dress almost into my third trimester at which point, it began to look quite unsightly on me. After I delivered Arjun, this dress served as a great postpartum dress with its roomy, billowy feel. I'm quite certain Zara did not intend for this chainlink design dress to serve as a maternity/post-partum dress but hey, it worked really well for me and I continue to wear it now! I love the chainlink design (such a classic one!).

Zara chainlink dress | Shoes from Charles & Keith | Michael Kors bag (similar design here)

I had previously raved about this Aijek dress on my Instagram. Aijek is a Singapore-based fashion label and the designer's creations are beautiful. What made me love this dress was its ability to create an optical illusion! With its vertical stripes and ruched features around the midsection, the dress is a winner because it magically covers up my problem areas. I look tall, skinny, and could fool you into believing I have flat abs! Haha...I chose to pair it with a bright pop of yellow with my purse and flats.

Aijek dress (unable to locate a link to share) | Flats from Urban Revivo
 | Purse from Nine West (old)

This dress is quite an eye-popping shade of red. I wore it for our "Be Body Positive" campaign with fellow Singapore bloggers in December (do check out my Instagram for those posts and to see the awesome lady bloggers I collaborated with!). The dress is from a local store called BYSI which carries casual and dressy clothes at a mid-level price range. I don't normally love their designs but this dress attracted me because I fell for the poufy sleeves and the ruched design over the midsection (similar to the Aijek dress). The dress looked glam and dramatic and I loved that! What do you think?

BYSI dress | Shoes from Charles & Keith | Purse from Mumbai 
Add caption


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!