Welcome to our website !

Hell's Kitchen Flea Market

By June 11, 2012 , , , , , , , , ,


On a hot Sunday afternoon, I found myself walking past a bright, ferocious Tibetan face mask, running my fingers over a dusty old gramophone, admiring antique silver jewelry, and staring at faded pictures taken from the 1800s. No, this wasn’t some surreal dream. I was hanging out at the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market. Regarded as one of the best street markets in Manhattan, I was curious to check it out for myself.  I was surprised to see that the flea market was not very big. The offerings, however, were quite diverse. There was a dizzying array of vintage shoes, clothes, and jewelry as well as old collectibles, memorabilia, original art, and antique items. Interestingly, there were even items that one could rent as props! 

The saying “one man’s junk, another man’s treasure” rang true here. As with any flea market, one has to have the patience to sift through the overflowing items on display to find that one piece of bargain to take home. I found myself lingering at a stall containing a treasure trove of exotic Tibetan art, figures, and ornaments. Although I eventually went home empty-handed, walking through the flea market made for an interesting afternoon. 

If you enjoyed reading this, please follow us on Blogger or Bloglovin' or subscribe via email (see right hand panel) to receive regular blog posts! We love to receive your thoughts and comments on our blog. Thanks!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow what a nice post i am really so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks for sharing....



    Cheap Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed reading! Please follow our blog or subscribe to the email so you receive new blog posts each time! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great place to snoop around :)

    Visiting from SITS, make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flea markets are so much fun, looks like you had a great time!

    ***I am popping over from the SITS Saturday Sharefest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always exciting to even walk through a flea market- a feast for the eyes, I would say. So many things vying for attention and it is only inevitable to be confused and return home empty handed. You are right, you have to have time and patience to be able to spot a treasure there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed going through the flea market pictures. I love street markets :)

    Following you too...

    www.wardrobemenu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!