10 Things That Make Me Happy
Every once in a while, we need to remind ourselves that there are positive and happy things around us. To start the year off on a bright note, I decided to create a list of the 10 things that make me happy. I suggest you, dear reader, make a similar list and maybe even share it with your best friend or significant other. It’s fun and most importantly, forces us to recognize that there are things to appreciate, enjoy and be happy about in our lives. So here goes…
1. The company of good friends where you share that relaxed familiarity, good-natured ribbing, and easy flow of conversation
2. The satisfaction of a day spent productively – nothing makes me feel more accomplished than having marked off everything on checklist for the day!
3. The excitement of traveling to new, unexplored destinations
4. A damn good glass of red vino
5. The good feeling that lasts all day after you’ve received an unexpected compliment from a friend or stranger. Makes you think, if it feels this good to receive a compliment, wouldn’t it be nice if we returned the favor more often to others?
6. Being recognized and lauded for my efforts professionally (I guess it’s a sort of self-validation that I need!)
7. Making a purchase that ends up being really worth it. Example? My Canon DSLR camera, which I initially hesitated to buy because of its price tag, has turned out to be the gift that keeps giving. Thanks to it, I’ve been able to beautifully capture a thousand precious moments
8. Blogging, when I’m being regular and inspired about it
9. Doing something that’s just for me. Dancing, yoga, reading a real page-turner without interruption, a good afternoon nap, or even going out for a movie by myself, this “personal well-being therapy” works to recharge and refresh every time!
10. Spontaneous hugs, kisses, and cuddles from my son - the truest, most unaffected showing of love that never fails to melt my heart
|At the zoo - the smiling mother and the unenthused child|
|See what I did there? I wore a leopard-print top to the zoo!|
|Keeping it casual and practical for a day out at the zoo|
|The proboscis monkey with its large schnauzer, definitely one of the most awkward-looking animals at the zoo|
|The peacock with its rich, colorful feathers. Easily the most beautiful animals we saw at the zoo|
|The white tiger got the prize for most regal animal|