Welcome to our website !

January 2018 Look Book

By March 02, 2018 , ,

 The new year started off with me spending half the month in Thailand. From family vacation in the northern mountainous provinces of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai to a business trip to Bangkok, I knew I had to pack a broad range of clothes to suit different purposes. The family vacation called for casual and comfy attire while work required something more polished and formal. Check out some of my looks from January.

When it comes to casual clothes, I don’t believe in spending a whole lot of money. Enter SheIn, a great website for cute and trendy clothing that you don’t want to spend a bomb on. This quirky tee is from the website and works for a chill, vacay mode look as pictured here.


If you’re looking for a summer dress, then this Jaspal dress is for you. Jaspal is a Thailand-based fashion brand which I love for its contemporary pieces. This sleeveless A-line dress with a cute bow detail works well for all body types and is roomy enough to allow your tummy to expand from all the vacation eating and drinking. What’s more, it has pockets! What’s not to love? 


I talked in a previous post about how I love shopping at Urban Revivo. Consider it the Chinese “Zara” with similar style sensibilities. This burnt orange ruffle top is from this store. I like to pair it with jeans for my go-to weekend outfit.


The color you’ll find most in my color is white. For me, it’s a super versatile color, a canvas against which you can add additional colors and designs. The white top with a front bow is from Dressabelle and is flattering on most body types. I had fun adding some funk to the look with these mint colored shoes from Rubi (this shop is great for cute, inexpensive shoes and sandals) and the colorful clutch from Mumbai (a gift from my dear sis-in-law).


This dark floral number is also from Jaspal – I love how you can dress it up or down.


Hey, it wasn’t all play and no work! Here’s a put-together work look that is easy to achieve. While my office wear is usually conservative overall, I do like to add a bit of color or statement pieces to the mix. In this case, it was my pink skirt, a piece that I’ve owned for a long time and have worn multiple times in the work place.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!