Musings of a Mother
- It’s true what they say – you really do experience “love at first sight” the moment you lay eyes on your baby. It was surreal and exciting to finally meet the tiny person that I had carried inside me for 9 months
- A lot of things with regards to caring for a baby are not as easy as one might believe. Nobody tells you this stuff but things like putting a baby to sleep, breastfeeding, and learning what their different cries mean takes work and patience!
- I have new found respect and appreciation for my mother. Or any mother for that matter
- I am incessantly looking up things on the internet - Is my baby’s poop color normal? Does my baby sleep enough? How do I make my baby nap more? My baby just sneezed – does he have a cold? Why does he hiccup so much? Does my baby have colic?
- Unfortunately, I’ve had to experience the meaning of projectile pooping and blowouts (I’ll spare you the details)
- Motherhood teaches you efficiency. I’ve always considered myself to be an efficient multitasker but now, I’m an awesomely efficient multitasker. Baby’s taking a nap? Let me clean the house, take a shower, bake some cookies, respond to some emails, and run to the post office in that window of time. #TrueStory
- I relish the moments where I’m doing my own thing without the baby in tow, whether it’s meeting up with friends or going for a run. But when I’m done, I’m just as eager to get back and see my baby because I’ve missed him.